High security number plates are number plates made of aluminium and are fixed onto the vehicle using a minimum of two non-reusable snap-on locks. The plate has a hot-stamped chromium-based 20 mm X 20 mm hologram of Ashoka Chakra in blue colour on the top left corner. It is mandatory for all vehicles (including the vehicles sold before April 2019) to have an HSRP and a colour-coded sticker.
- Official Notification Released Date: 06/12/2018
- HSRP Rule Applied form: 01/04/2019
- Apply Last Date: NA
Application fee for High Security number plate
- Two Wheeler : Rs. 250-600/-
- Four Wheeler (Car) : Rs. 800-1500/-
- Other Vehicle : As per Notification.
- Pay the Booking Fees Through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking.
Who is eligible for HSRP
If you have any 2 wheeler / 4 wheeler or other heavy motor vehicle, you are eligible to get a New HSRP plate issued by the Transport Department.
Note: A vehicle manufacturer shall comply with the following procedure in regard to High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) for a new vehicle to be sold on or after 1st April, 2019
High Security Number Plate Registration/ Booking Process
- When booking HSRP, you must have your vehicle registration number, engine number and chassis number.
- During HSRP booking, you will also have to provide some other information such as your name, address, mobile number, email id, Etc. After filling all this, you will get two options, one that you can go to get yourself transferred to the agency and the other for home delivery Option (this option is not available in all cities) After that you have to pay and print the receipt.
- Booking of HSRP has started in most of the states of India, such as Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Haryana. For complete information, you can visit the respective website.
What are the benefits of HSRP
HSRP Plate Benefit
The biggest advantage of HSRP is that it cannot be changed very easily as this number plate is installed in your way in a special way. With the help of which your Vehicle becomes very secure and the chances of theft are much less.
HSRP Sticker Benefit
A sticker with number plate will also be found in the 4 wheeler or Heavy Motor vehicle, which you will have to put on the lead of your car, in which the name of the registration authority, registration number, permanent identification number of the brand and the first date of registration will be written.
How can I get High Security Number Plate in Bihar?
To fit HSRP plates, once you buy a new car, you have to take it to the Regional Transport Office (RTO) where your car is being registered. You will be given a token and then the plates have to be made for you within six days. You then have to go to the RTO to get it fixed on your car.
For New Car Buyers
To fit HSRP plates, once you buy a new car, you have to take it to the Regional Transport Office (RTO) where your car is being registered. You will be given a token and then the plates have to be made for you within six days. You then have to go to the RTO to get it fixed on your car. Plates will have to be custom-fitted to each model of car, as not all cars have a standard bolt pattern or width for the registration plate.
For Existing Car Owners
To get high-security registration plates for your existing car, you will need to go to your RTO with your smart-card registration certificate (RC) and apply for the plate, by paying the prescribed fee (this fee varies from state to state depending on the supplier of the high-security registration plate.
How to apply for High Security Number Plate in Bihar State?
- Step 1: Order Booking
- Step 2: Cash Collection
- Step 3: Embossing
- Step 4: Affixation
- Step 5: Invoce Generated
- Step 6: Order Closed
How does HSRP number plate look?
The plate has a hot-stamped chromium-based 20 mm X 20 mm hologram of Ashoka Chakra in blue colour on the top left corner. A 10-digit permanent identification number (PIN) is laser branded on the bottom left corner of this plate.
High Security Number Plate of Two Wheeler
High Security Number Plate of Four Wheeler
What is the features of High Security Number Plate?
Plate shall be a solid unit made of 1.0 mm aluminium conforming to DIN 1745/DIN 1783 or ISO 7591. Border edges and corners of the plate shall be rounded to avoid injuries to the extent of approx. 10 mm and the plates must have an embossed border.
The plate shall be suitable for hot stamping and reflective sheet has to be guaranteed for imperishable nature for minimum five years. The fast colouring of legend and border is done by hot stamping.
- Plate should bear the letters “IND” in blue colour on the extreme left centre of the plate. The letter should be one-fourth of the size of letters mentioned in rule 51 and should be buried into the foil or applied by hot stamping and should be integral part of the plate
- Plate shall be protected against counterfeiting by applying chromium-based hologram, applied by hot stamping. Stickers and adhesive labels are not permitted.
- The plate shall bear a permanent consecutive identification number of minimum seven digits, to be laser branded into the reflective sheeting and hot stamping film shall bear a verification inscription.
- Third registration mark in the form of self-destructive type, chromium based hologram sticker shall be affixed on the left-hand top side of the windshield of the vehicle. The registration details such as registration number, registering authority, etc., shall be printed on the sticker.
- Plate shall be fastened with non-removable/non-reusable snap lock fitting system.
- Size of the Plates for different categories of Vehicles are prescribed as follows:
- For Two and Three Wheelers: 200 x 100 mm and 285 x 45 mm
- For Light Motor Vehicles Passenger cars: 340 x 200 mm and 500 x 120 mm
- For Medium Commercial Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles & Trailer combination: 340 x 200mm
What is the High Security Number Plate price?
- Two Wheeler : Rs. 400 + Rs. 100 (for a colour-coded sticker)
- Four Wheeler : Rs. 1,100 (based on vehicle category) + Rs. 100 (for a colour-coded sticker)